November home maintenance and local events
for the Austin Metro Area (A.M.A.)
Consumer news for those interested in purchasing cars and RV's: manufactures release new models in the fall, so the previous years vehicles tend to drop in price from October through December. But keep in mind that car lots can be pretty picked over by the time you ring in the New Year. A great local Austinite for your car needs is Dan Driskell #512.563.4965, Signature Auto! He has very nice pre owned vehicles. Dan is a friend and offices in the same building with his car lot under the cover of a parking garage!!
November Home tasks
1. when setting clocks back to Standard Time, change the batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
2. Inspect automatic garage door openers and lubricate. Make sure all bolts and screws are properly secured.
3. Check for leaks around washing machine. A prime suspect for leaks are the water supply hose washers. Inspect hoses and replace if necessary.
4. Clean dishwasher, trash compactor & counter appliances.
5. Replenishing the water softener and load it with salt if necessary.
Keep up with the Farmers Markets in/around town. Here is a link: http://austin.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/07-27-16-best-farmers-markets-central-texas/
11/1 – Settlement Home Garage Sales begins through the weekends
11/2 – Wurstfest through the weekends
11/3 – Celtic Festival
11/3 – Sweet Eats Fruit Farm Fall Festival going on each of the next 3 weekends in November
11/3 – Travis Heights Art Trail
11/10 – East Austin Studio Tour going on the next weekend as well
11/14 – Christmas Affair downtown for those shoppers…
11/17 – Leonid Meteor Shower
11/22 – Turkey Trot
11/24 – Blue Genie Art Bazaar
Longhorn Home Football Games
11/3 vs West Virginia
11/17 vs Iowa State